As your business expands and you move your customer communication out of the office and into the mobile world, you’ll need to make sure you have the right mobile device to conduct transactions and communication in a safe and secure environment. Virtual Private Networks are a must to insure that the information you exchange from your mobile devices stays safe and secure. Actually, VPNs are not new to mobile technology. As soon as people were able to send and receive email via their cell phones, mobile networks had to be secure.
Is Your Cell Phone Compatible?
Before you invest in a new smartphone, there are a few things you should consider.
- Will the VPN Client you’re using install and run properly on the mobile phone you’re considering?
- Does your cell phone have enough memory to download large files?
- What type of information will you need to transmit over a private network?
- How secure is your cell phone’s operating system?
- What anti-virus programs work best?
Should You Choose the Phone or the VPN?
One way to experiment with various VPNs and cell phone compatibilities is to purchase prepaid plans for the phone. Certain hardware and technology may reveal itself to be the best fit for your business.
The other thing to consider is whether you need to choose the right phone or the right virtual private network. Many experts would suggest testing the VPN with the cell phone and not the other way around. This is likely good advice, so if it seems a little foreign, find the cell phone that feels best for you, and then seek expert advice on the best way to make the networks secure.